La Petite Mortisode No. 14 - Tarot Cheat Sheet
In this La Petite Mortisode, you will learn the basic meaning of each of the four suits in a tarot deck, and the meaning of some important tarot symbols: the moon, grapes, roses, fish and the tomb.
¶ TAROT CARDS VARY DECK TO DECK
Keep in mind that not all decks are the same! Take a look at the death card below: the left shows you the Death card in the Rider Waite Tarot Deck, and on the right, we have the Death card from the Morgan Greer Tarot Deck.
¶ THE MEANING OF THE FOUR SUITS IN A TAROT DECK
Each suit, no matter what card you get, is attached to different concepts and themes. It can be helpful to have a general understanding of these themes as it will help you get more out of your tarot deck, and therefore...more out of your experience!
Here's a quick breakdown:
- Themes of: power, dealing with your own bullshit, getting off the fence, a sword can cut both ways, friction, conflict, phallic/masculine qualities, justice and fairness.
- Themes of: emotional life, inner world, relationships, matters of the heart, spirituality.
- Themes of: action, new growth, new ideas, innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity.
- Themes of: material stuff in life, your career, your home/apartment/living situation, money, security, safety, prosperity, success.
¶ THE MEANING OF A FEW COMMON SYMBOLS IN A TAROT DECK
There are a ton of symbols in tarot. I share some details on a few so you can get more out of your tarot experience.
- Represent cycle of life (grapes grow, develop, get harvested, get turned into wine. Wine is a memory of a grape)
- Fertility, abundance, transformation
- Funerary symbol
- Appears in 7, 9, 10 and King of Pentacles, 3 of Cups and 4 of Wands
- Represent the divine, and serve as a reminder of the divine/what is without explanation. i.e. you can smell a rose, but can't 'see' the smell.
- Bittersweet: roses are beautiful but they can stick you with their thorns!
- Appears in: Magician, Strength, Death, Fool, 2 of Wands
- Represents what you need to lay to rest, not death. What has died but you haven't buried yet? It's time.
- Can also be a sign to 'come out of the closet' about something you have been 'hiding'.
- Appears in Judgement and 4 of Swords
- Represents emotion, intuition, creativity, subconscious, doing the best with what you have.
- In the ups and downs of life, are you staying near the chaos? Or are you taking shelter?
- Appears in Page of Cups, Knight of Cups, Queen of Cups and the King of Cups
¶ Join us on Facebook
We have a Facebook group here: www.facebook.com/groups/lifedeathtarot
¶ Rate, Review, Subscribe and Share
It makes a big difference and helps other people find our podcast! It's a free way you can support the creators of what you listen to. <3
¶ THANK YOU TO
Producer: Victor Imperi
La Petitie Mortisode Theme: Brad Goodall
Episode Theme: Victor Imperi
Artwork: Mandie Hungarland
Support: Shannon Feltus and Boni Dutch